Dragon Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I started this recipe on 5/31, followed the directions and pitched yeas on 6/1 with a starting SG of 1.120...everything started fine and by 6/5 the SG seemed to stall out around 1.030..at this point I added the next step of sugar, yeast nutrient etc however it seems that the fermentation has stalled..SG went up to 1.060 after added sugar and hasn't budged since...I did add another packet of yeast as well with no luck. Temperature is the same as when it started, using brew belt. Can't think of why it's not fermenting so thought I would see if anyone on here had any great ideas to get it started again, used a lot of fruit for this and would hate to waste it! Thanks in advance

It sounds like you did everything right, Ryan. Have you stirred it? If not, take out the fruit and stir in some oxygen, vigorously. That may help it go.

I'm curious to see how this one has aged. Who made it and what do you think now? Any changes you would make?

I would like to make this with a a pineapple twist and curious if I could use two 3lb bags of frozen tropical fruit and add pineapple juice instead of the lemon? ( I have a 3 gallon carboy) I'm confused, I just made my first ever wine and followed the dragon blood recipe and it turned out great. That recipe called for 6lbs of fruit for a 6 gallon recipe and this one says 18lbs for a 3 lb recipe!! Am I reading this correct that I would need 6 bags of the 3lb tropical fruit mix?

Latest posts

Back