Dragon Blood: Triple Berry Skeeter Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps it's just because I'm married to a Mexican, or perhaps because I love all things spicy, but I am super exited about this one. I want the mango to be the dominant flavor with a spicy kick. Not sure exactly when we'll get it started, but mangos are coming into season now so hopefully soon. I'll keep you posted once we do.

My DB labels are in. We still have to photoshop in some color but this is the basic idea .. Let me know what you think ...

Also we debuted our DB this past weekend and it was a huge hit between three of us we cleaned out 2 bottles of DB 2 bottles of IM raspberry dragon fruit and a bottle of IM strawberry merlot:) good time...

image-1402575296.jpg

Dave, mother in law and swmbo just polished off a couple bottles of db. Major drunken thumbs up everywhere. They are singing 80's songs now. Thanks ;)

I should not be allowed into Costco. I just left with frozen fruits and berry mixes galore for some DB experimenting... but they also had 3 liter containers of Dole Tropical Fruit Salad on sale for half price, under $3.00 a container. Tropical fruit, cut up all nicely, in a pre-sugared medium, whats not to love? Has anyone out there tried using "fruit salad" mixes for DB? Any ideas on what qty I would need to produce a decent 23 liter batch, both SG and flavor wise? If my calculations are correct each 3 liter can contains 523g (a little over a pound) of sugar... Thank you advance for any help!

took yesterday day off to recover from 3 day golfing/drinking weekend.

after I mowed the lawn, trimmed hedges and weeded hosta bed, I hung by the pool and drank and entire bottle of DB myself.

I am under the impression I have to drink the entire batch withint 6 months. I have 25 bottles and better get moving!

Coloring contest between my wife and I with our new DB label vote for your favorite and it goes on the bottles ..
image-4249016431.jpg

image-3046151259.jpg

Being from near Pittsburgh, it would have to be Black & Gold! Maybe a compromise with a green and gold, as I like the green, but the gold belly is nicer than orange/pink, IMHO.

Purple and Gold. lol. I just racked my DB yesterday and have floaters on top. Probably because I never refrigerated my PE (Blush) I guess I can get rid of the floaters when I rack into the bottling bucket at the end. there is not a lot. I should be able to scoop them out with a spoon

OK, I am in...first batch bottled!

The DB was clear and I decided to do a mid week bottling. I usually wait for the weekend for something like this, but it was calling, LOL.

We put a bottle in the fridge and chilled out with some Peach Chardonnay to give it some time to chill. I will be honest, I was a bit skeptical at first. I mean, come on, a wine based in lemon juice and fermented on a few pounds of berries? How good can that be?

Pretty darn good in fact. It wasn't as chilled as we usually like it, and the first taste was a bit weird I think due to the peach taste of the prior glass and having to cleanse the palate. But then it came through! Light bodied, but excellent mouth feel. Nice flavor too. At first my wife was put off by the aroma and then I reminded her it was a lemon base and she's like "Ah, that's it". We both raised our glass in honor of Dave. :br I expect it will improve some with a bit of age, but as others have said, it is quite drinkable directly from the carboy (fades to scene where he and his wife sit perched with racking canes in carboy sipping away).

I definitely can see this taking a place in our "early drinker" rotation, especially when funds are running low.

So far my three main takeaways from this forum:
1) All in one pump...do it!
2) Floor corker...do it!
3) Dragon Blood...do it!

Thanks all! I am enjoying the ride!

Purple and Gold. lol. I just racked my DB yesterday and have floaters on top. Probably because I never refrigerated my PE (Blush) I guess I can get rid of the floaters when I rack into the bottling bucket at the end. there is not a lot. I should be able to scoop them out with a spoon

Tess, I had a few of those floaters going on in my batch too. Not sure what that was all about, but yeah, easy enough to eliminate them when racking. Didn't seem to affect the outcome as this batch is yummy!

Tess, I had a few of those floaters going on in my batch too. Not sure what that was all about, but yeah, easy enough to eliminate them when racking. Didn't seem to affect the outcome as this batch is yummy!

Looks like tiny pieces of the berry's skin that got through my straining bag. lol yeah not big deal. Not many, just a few

Purple and Gold. That will look good against the clear red of the DB in the bottle.

Welcome to the club, FAB!

I also vote for the purple/yellow dragon. Perfect!

well, i will chime in....i am a die hard saints fan...i think a black body with a gold belly with some hot rod red, would be awesome....
cool original label dave,, i thought only tess could could come up with something that good...

Latest posts

Back