Dragon Blood in 15 days!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys, I did it! I made wine!

I drew out a bit for pictures...I'll be bottling this weekend.
I'm waiting on my corker to get in.
Super easy process and it tastes good! Thanks Dave!

Looks great Jeri. Welcome to DBI(Dragon Blood International)

One question for you, what is the green in the primary? Kiwi?

DBI...I like that!

Excellent job, Jeri. It looks awesome! Like I always say, get some more going...it'll go fast! I just made 18 gallons to get me through the holidays.

Buy your self the 20 gal brute now and save your self the hassle :)

I have been drooling and dreaming about one for the last two months. I was going to ask Santa, but he never tells my husband the right thing to buy.
Being the kind sole that I am, I did them both a favor and ordered it yesterday. :D

Can't wait to try it!

Getting mine for Christmas. I dont want to spend my own money for it lol

The green bits are lime leaves.
If you chew on them, they taste like very acidic fruit loops.

I think there may be a small hint of it in the finished wine, but I think next batch I will put much more in.

James,

Those both look fantastic.

Is the peach one from juice or fruit?

Just made batch no. 2. Batch no. 1 not bottled yet, but tasted and TOO good :D
Added some extra strawberries to this one! Mmmm (tis the season for them here now)!
And a decent sprig of mint from the garden. Love that smell...

Lori

I started it on Oct 1.

It's actually pretty good. A little more tart than I prefer, but I imagine some of that will go away.
Overwhelming strawberry taste, nothing else really comes through. That's a bit of a disappointment. I was really hoping some of the vanilla and lime leaf would make an appearance.
I had a glass last week and Manthing tasted it. We bottled today and he tasted it again. He thinks it has smoothed out a bit.
So far, I like it.
I did put up a few in the dark olive green bottles. I'm hoping those last long enough to actually get a bit of age on them so that I can see how it ages.

I am starting a batch of Dragon Blood but can't find any yeast energizer.

Can I double the yeast as a substitute?(recommended by my LHBS)

jeri, you have to add lots of vanilla for it to have a hint...scrape and use the whole vanilla bean next time....
i have no clue about the lime leaves....i would imagine you could cook them down and make an extract then use....
glad your db is good.....

I am starting a batch of Dragon Blood but can't find any yeast energizer.

Can I double the yeast as a substitute?(recommended by my LHBS)

You have a LHBS, but he or she does not have yeast energizer? I find that surprising.

Why not order it online in that case. I am no expert, but I doubt having twice as many stressed yeast will forestall any problems.

Latest posts

Back