Dragon Blood in 15 days!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad everyone is enjoying their Dragon Blood versions! The feedback is awesome! After I served my first batch to my wife, she said, "Whatever you need for your winemaking, honey. Whatever you need."

I love it when she says that! ;)

speaking of yeast.................I didn't have any EC-1118.

Grabbed some fermenting blueberry juice out of one other fermenters and made a yeast starter with that along with Red Star Montrachet.

Has anybody done this 'Pee with Montrachet with good results??

I'm doing 2 batches using Montrachet right now. It looks like everything is going fine. But I haven't tasted either yet.

Well Boo.... Bottled 30 bottles on 1 August and 2 parties later I have 4 bottles left. Guess I will go to the store and get supplies.

Better start up a continual production line. :)

Although I am trying some variations, I make this stuff non-stop. I'm trying to get a couple of months ahead of consumption because it really does get better in the bottle. :ib

Here's mine all bottled up. No labels yet though. I think I'm going to name this one "Blood Red Sky"
dscf0001qz.jpg

Those gallon jugs would be good for game day now that football is back. :dg

Really looks good, good job DirtyDawg.

We are also are having a party and the wife does not like the name Dragon Blood - I personally think it is cool . Any Ideas - I have to label it within a week or 2 - thanks !

Very nice Derek, those are beautiful

Steve, I call my quad berry Tinkleberry Tea. But moving forward I'll be calling it Tinkleberry Juice (made with real Tinkleberries...hehe). Basically swapping the Tea for Juice because I'm tired of people thinking there's tea in it. My tropical version will be Tinkleberry Tropical...or maybe Tropical Tinkleberry...or maybe Panama Pee...then again since its kind of turning out to be an orangey pee I could just call it Ouch! :)

Last edited:
Dirty those look amazing!

V pump man. Maybe you could call it mosquito juice? (like what mosquitos drink) Or something simple that still incorporates the original name. I'm sure once your guests start drinking it the name will not matter to much anyways, lol

Nice Derek! Very nice! I keep our gallon jugs in the fridge. They are purdy aren't they! Awesome job.

...better start some more...:br

<sorry, I can't help with the names, folks, it's all Dragon Blood to me>

Thanks guys! I had some last night and it was very good. More berry flavor than I imagined. The lemon is still young and biting but as I've heard it should mellow out. I like how it looks for sure. I will be starting some more. I just need to figure out what this one is like after a month or so because I'm thinking I may adjust the lemon. Unless it fades enough and then I won't touch it except for possibly some new fruit combination.

As far as the name goes...I give all my wines a name derived from a U2 song or lyric. Hence "Blood Red Sky". Then I also give the wine type on the line below the name. This one will be "Dragon Blood - Skeeter Pee".

Let me just say...what a difference a day makes. My refrigerator reserves after only one more day in the bottle have improved quite a bit. The harsh lemon flavor from yesterday is mellowing nicely. Time to think up what to use for fruit in my next batch.

Let me just say...what a difference a day makes. My refrigerator reserves after only one more day in the bottle have improved quite a bit. The harsh lemon flavor from yesterday is mellowing nicely. Time to think up what to use for fruit in my next batch.
Highly suggest the pineapple, mango, peach, banana variety. Everyone loves it.

That does sound good. My wife wants something with cherry. Maybe a cherry lime?

I would think your best bet on that would be making a skeeter lime (sub half or all lemon for lime), then add a cherry syrup to backsweeten. Dangit, I should have tried that with my lime batch...lol.

I started a cherry lime like a week ago, I can let you know how it taste. I did a cherry lime before fermentation and a straight lime that I plan to back sweeten with cherry juice after.

doesnt it seem like skeeter pee would actually be red instead of yellow :) i was looking at my dragon blood today thinking that.

I would think your best bet on that would be making a skeeter lime (sub half or all lemon for lime), then add a cherry syrup to backsweeten. Dangit, I should have tried that with my lime batch...lol.

I started a cherry lime like a week ago, I can let you know how it taste. I did a cherry lime before fermentation and a straight lime that I plan to back sweeten with cherry juice after.
I was thinking of using some fresh cherries if I can find some and make a Dragon blood type wine. Maybe with half lime and half lemon. That might be a good combo.

Latest posts

Back