Dragon Blood degassing issue?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
measuring in atmospheres is one of a dozen ways to talk about pressure, it means “the weight/ normal pressure that air pushs on a soda bottle”. IF the soda in a bottle is gassed above one atmosphere the bottle will fell fat, if it is a non-carbonated water/ zero atmospheres pressure you can press the bottle in. ,,,, The term is useful in soda factories, if I wanted to be more accurate I would measure in PSIG, pounds per square inch, as an air compressor might deliver 100 psig to a nailing gun, one atmosphere is defined as 14.696 psig.

how important? ,, a gas dissolved in a liquid follows Henry’s Law
. . . . . . dissolved gas equals K (constant) times partial pressure . . . . . . .
therefore if I am making a soda/beer/ sparkling wine product I can produce a uniform product by simply monitoring the pressure coming off the CO2 tank, or in the quality lab I can check what the plant folks did by pushing a needle into the head space and measuring the pressure.
K is a “dirty” number because it depends on what the beer/ soda is made up of and will vary with alcohol and temperature, but is a good predictor of how much gas the factory needs to buy for any one product.
Thanks lot for great info....

Latest posts

Back