Dragon Blood 3rd batch

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almargita

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My third batch of Dragon Blood is fermenting nicely! Used 12 lb of Triple Berry Blend instead of the normal 6 lb. Hopefully this will really increase the flavor!
My last two batches were excellent, but got a great sale on the fruit, 3 lb bags for less than $4.00 each! SG is a little higher than i wanted but may dilute it a bit after fermenting.......
This has been one of my favorite wines so far.....
Al

Are you using a 6 gallon bucket for primary fermentation? If so, how well does everything fit?

I'm looking forward to reading your progress updates.

Are you using a 6 gallon bucket for primary fermentation? If so, how well does everything fit?

I'm looking forward to reading your progress updates.

Placed the berry’s in the primary before adding the water, filled about 2 in below top then added rest of stuff, fermenting close to overflowing but didn’t.... still chugging away! Sg down to 1.020. Probably still 3 -5 days more.
Probably will be more juice than a 6 gal carboy can handle ......will experment, maybe a 5 & a3, 6 & a 1.....not sure yet. My bag has shrunk to smaller than a football! Getting close to discarding it....
Al

I forgot how much less fruit you have once primary fermentation gets going. Did you add extra pectic enzyme?

The reason I asked about your primary vessel is that I'm thinking about getting a 20 gallon Rubbermaid Brute for making double batches.

Latest posts

Back