RJ Spagnols Double Down Bourbon Barrel White Blend

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyfire322

Reaction score
I've been thinking about my next white, and came across the Double Down White Blend. Looks like it also includes a finishing blend (which I assume is an F-pac).

Has anyone taken a crack at this one?

I've been thinking about my next white, and came across the Double Down White Blend. Looks like it also includes a finishing blend (which I assume is an F-pac).

Has anyone taken a crack at this one?
I did the red blend, the F pac gives it the bourbon flavor. Mine is still pretty young but it taste good now and should only get better as it ages.

I did the red blend, the F pac gives it the bourbon flavor. Mine is still pretty young but it taste good now and should only get better as it ages.

Thanks! Is the F-pac a little "overpowering"? My idea was to go through malo, and have it age with oak cubes that were soaked in rum.

Thanks! Is the F-pac a little "overpowering"? My idea was to go through malo, and have it age with oak cubes that were soaked in rum.

Yeah, the F-Pac gave a fake sweet bourbon taste to me. It wasn’t a bad taste but just didn’t seem right to me, I make a lot of bourbon flavored beers so that’s what I was comparing too. I did what your saying except I did oak cubes soaked in bourbon, gave it a more authentic bourbon barrel flavor. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back