Double A juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosty452

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Double A juice kits? I am giving one a try to taste the baco noir that might get planted if I like the wine.

Kit came in today it was well packaged and came with a yeast, yeast nutrient and the juice. The instructions were basic and assume you have a feel for winemaking. I'll update more tomorrow when I start it

The juice is bubbling along nicely. It has a wonderful aroma and was packed nicely and was even on some skin material so this seems like a good kit thus far. This is my first all juice kit so I'm looking forward to the outcome.

It's a little off putting that the juice is described as 'toxic' before fermentation. Any ideas other than 500 PPM sulfites lol?

I think they have to label it that way since it is not pasteurized and per fda standards cannot be labeled as safe to drink. I tasted a little when I was prepping it and didn't even taste heavily sulfited. However deeming as toxic is a little extreme and I think they could have found a better wording

An update on the baco
The wine is clearing nicely its a nice dark color, acidic and a bit like a muted Concord. Letting it set for another week or two and stabilize and back sweeten

Been awhile since I updated on this. I pulled this out and worked on it this past weekend. Wine turned out wonderful, great taste and versatile, I sweetened a gallon with Welches Concord concentrate, bottled a few dry and still have 3 gallons to decide what I want to do with. I would not hesitate to get juice from them again

I'm late to respond but thank you Frosty for the posts and the updates. I'm thinking of ordering Foch (or Baco or Tram or .....). I planted my vines in May so no grapes for learning purposes.

Latest posts

Back