Don't Brush Your Teeth!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not all dentists are drill and fill. We encourage our patients to research the treatment we recommend, we also give patients many options for treatment, not just " you need a filling". It's too bad that people do have bad experiences, but to be quite truthful the dental business for most small practices are not as lucrative as you think. The overhead in most offices is extremely high. Dental materials are very expensive, not to mention employee wages, building rental, utilities, insurance etc etc etc. the dentists I know do it for the love of the field and their patients, and aren't millionaires. Not even close.
You as the patient get to make the choices about your care, as it should be. But DO do your research. Just because you read it on the internet doesn't make it true.

Not all dentists are drill and fill. We encourage our patients to research the treatment we recommend, we also give patients many options for treatment, not just " you need a filling". It's too bad that people do have bad experiences, but to be quite truthful the dental business for most small practices are not as lucrative as you think. The overhead in most offices is extremely high. Dental materials are very expensive, not to mention employee wages, building rental, utilities, insurance etc etc etc. the dentists I know do it for the love of the field and their patients, and aren't millionaires. Not even close.
You as the patient get to make the choices about your care, as it should be. But DO do your research. Just because you read it on the internet doesn't make it true.

It depends on where the dentist was educated. In my region of the country, the dental schools are all "traditional."

I was extremely shocked that two dentists had a variance of 36% in the number of cavities found. That is an amazing statistical variation!

Everything I have done is backed by solid, university research papers. I didn't just read it on the Net.

I'll be going to the dentist soon, though. Last week, I lost a filling.

Back