WineXpert Domaine Des Brumes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vastrand

Junior
Reaction score
I just started a WE kit yesterday, Domaine Des Brumes. Has anyone made this and if so how is it. We are looking for something a little lighter and this one sounds like it fits the bill.
Val

Sorry to say I haven't made this one, but it sounds like a very nice wine....So many wines so little time..
smiley19.gif
..Have fun and good luck.
smiley1.gif

Don't know yet. Went into the bottle on 6/1/06
So far I have resisted but.....
I was thinking about what to open tonight, so I think I'll open one and let you know in an hour or so.

Well, a little more than an hour...
smiley17.gif

At three months in the bottle, it is still quite young.

The Domaines des Brume is a light, very fruity red, what you might call a 'chillable' red.

I opened the bottle and took a small sample. The color was a translucent red, lighter than some of the standard reds I have made with a lustre that comes through the glass. Taking a small sip, I can tell that it is still young, but with a pleasant 'mixed fruit' taste that excites the side of tongue as well as the back. The notes on the FVW catalog talks about hints of strawberry and cherry. I'm afraid my palate doesn't run to making that kind of judgement but there is a definitely a fruit presence.

I chilled the bottle for about an hour in the refrigerator before taking a real glass. Chilling improves the experience as the wine transitions from cool to warm in the mouth. I found the wine light and easy to drink with a good flavor and enough body to feel that I have had a drink.

This wine is definitely worth making. Having this in the cellar for those summer evenings on the porch or by the pool is a must.I'll let you know in another three months if the wine holds up or improves.

Thanks so much for your critique. It sounds good, too bad I have to wait several months before I get to try mine.
Val

Winexpert has offered this kit on and off again. I consider this to be one of my favorites. I wish they would bring it back. Have always loved it.

Latest posts

Back