Does this sound ok?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zadvocate

Reaction score
I have been obsessing over this and friday I get my grapes. Of course that coincides with my wife and i having the busiest weekend of the year. So here is my timeline, would like to know if this is ok.

Friday
9:00 am Pick up grapes have them crushed destemmed add SO2, Lallyzme EX, Opti-Red

6:00 pm add FT Rouge.

We have to go out and wont be back till 11-12. Then I have to get up early and go to an event all day saturday.

Do I add the yeast late friday night or early saturday morning?

Thanks for any input. I am most likely overthinking this but I'm just too excited and want to get it right.

Space your Lallzyme and Opti-Red at least 6-8 hours apart. You want that enzyme to get working first. On my current batch, I used Opti-Red about 24 hours after the enzyme - half an hour before I pitched the yeast.

I assume your grapes will have been refrigerated and will be quite cold. It may take 24 hours for the must to get up into the 60's. I'd plan on pitching Saturday morning or later. As another example, my grapes were picked up (cold) around 8:30 Saturday morning. I didn't pitch the yeast until about 4:30 Sunday afternoon.

Based on what you said i have been researching(big mistake). Now I plan on crushing in the morning waiting till the afternoon and adding Lallzyme. Wait 24 hours and then add Opti Red and yeast. I will then add FT rouge after the cap forms.

Thoughts?

I thought that he said, to do everything same schedule, except space the Lallzyme and opti-red at least 6 hours.probably wouldn't hurt to pitch after your Saturday event..I added this myself..

Based on what you said i have been researching(big mistake). Now I plan on crushing in the morning waiting till the afternoon and adding Lallzyme. Wait 24 hours and then add Opti Red and yeast. I will then add FT rouge after the cap forms.

Thoughts?

That should work.

Latest posts

Back