Does this pump have any use in wine making?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regmata

Reaction score
A buddy is trying to sell me this pump and I am not sure what I would do with it. Would there be any use for it in wine making?

https://www.northernbrewer.com/products/the-steelhead-2-pump

41911-steelhead2-with-mounting-bracket_angle_1_x700.jpg

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    342 KB · Views: 9
You could use it to rack wine. Ok for barrells, overkill for carboys. Note: It is NOT self priming.

For $150 range, I would get the AIO Wine pump.

Much more common for moving hot beer around in the brewing process. I haven’t seen them used much with wine. Definitely better to go with the AIO pump.

With an AIO vacuum pump your wine does not go through the pump so you don’t have to take the pump apart for cleaning after every use.

Received my All In One Pump & used it yesterday to transfer 6 gallons to try it out. I was dumb not to spend the money years ago. It makes life easy by not lifting carboys for an old guy like me. Steve even called me & corrected my order. I ordered things I didn't need. Saved me money. Really great to deal with.

Received my All In One Pump & used it yesterday to transfer 6 gallons to try it out. I was dumb not to spend the money years ago. It makes life easy by not lifting carboys for an old guy like me. Steve even called me & corrected my order. I ordered things I didn't need. Saved me money. Really great to deal with.

Welcome to the club, took you long enough though. LOL!

Latest posts

Back