Quantcast

Does this pump have any use in wine making?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

richmke

Reaction score
You could use it to rack wine. Ok for barrells, overkill for carboys. Note: It is NOT self priming.

For $150 range, I would get the AIO Wine pump.

rca

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Much more common for moving hot beer around in the brewing process. I haven’t seen them used much with wine. Definitely better to go with the AIO pump.

dralarms

Overboard as usual
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Third vote for the all in one.

GaDawg

Reaction score
With an AIO vacuum pump your wine does not go through the pump so you don’t have to take the pump apart for cleaning after every use.

JWT

Junior
Reaction score
Received my All In One Pump & used it yesterday to transfer 6 gallons to try it out. I was dumb not to spend the money years ago. It makes life easy by not lifting carboys for an old guy like me. Steve even called me & corrected my order. I ordered things I didn't need. Saved me money. Really great to deal with.

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Received my All In One Pump & used it yesterday to transfer 6 gallons to try it out. I was dumb not to spend the money years ago. It makes life easy by not lifting carboys for an old guy like me. Steve even called me & corrected my order. I ordered things I didn't need. Saved me money. Really great to deal with.
Welcome to the club, took you long enough though. LOL!