Does anyone know where to find fermentation vat valves?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeycannoli

Reaction score
Cant for the life of me find any of the valves pictured below. Anyone know where I can source them?

5C06589C-3C3D-49A7-8309-B3482A4DE0BB.jpeg

I haven't seen those exact valves, but they look like a combination ball valve and bulkhead fitting. An option would be to purchase a bulkhead fitting separately and then use the valve of your choice.

from the color, I would be guessing that the OP valves are polysulphone which can be food rated. PVC is in lots of general plumbing with good variety in sizes and stainless steel for food both are readily available. As with everything wine stay away from brass.

The shop people get lots of parts from Granger, I catalogue order lots of pilot plant parts from Omega Engineering (I like the technical specs since I don’t have an engineer degree). Practically speaking your local plumber who is 40 ish has repaired something like your tank and sourced the parts.
I did a simple google search for ‘pvc ball valve’ and came up with lots of options that could work with a little creativity.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back