Do you freeze juicer output?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PPBart

Reaction score
Several here have mentioned that they freeze fruit juices. For those, how do you package the juice? Perhaps 1/2-ltr or 1-ltr plastic water bottles?

I purchased some peaches yesterday with the intention of immediately processing them with my new steam juicer and making a batch of wine with the juice. However, best laid plans and all that... I will probably juice the peaches this evening, but won't be able to start the wine for several days, maybe a week or even more, so I'll need to store the juice (expect to have 4 to 6 liters).

Several here have mentioned that they freeze fruit juices. For those, how do you package the juice? Perhaps 1/2-ltr or 1-ltr plastic water bottles?

I purchased some peaches yesterday with the intention of immediately processing them with my new steam juicer and making a batch of wine with the juice. However, best laid plans and all that... I will probably juice the peaches this evening, but won't be able to start the wine for several days, maybe a week or even more, so I'll need to store the juice (expect to have 4 to 6 liters).

I run the juice from my steam juicer straight into mason jars and store them on a shelf. After they've sealed and cooled ....

There's no hurry when you can freeze the juice or fruit. That way you can attend to it at your leisure. Plastic jugs or the freezer mason jars will work.

Depending on the fruit I freez the fruit 1st then steam juice them later.
What I do is steam juice the fruit. Put 2-3 mason jars in a toaster oven for 20 min @ 375. Cllo the glass a little and put hot juice in them and seal. This way they will be good till you want to make it.

Back