Do I need to Sorbate again?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at non-fermentable sweeteners for cider and thought they all had flavors that I didn't want in my batch. Stuff like xylitol. Just my opinion on that, as I know folks use them.

Thanks for that info. I had wondered how 'real' those non-fermentables are. I submit to using Sulfites and Sorbate to keep my wine from spoiling or a new ferementation starting but using chemicals like xylitol - nope. Ever tried an old stick of gum that had xylitol in it? Nasty stuff took a lot of liquids to wash away that taste.

I decided to bottle a few dry and add simple syrup to 1.0 for the rest. I'm going to keep and eye on it for a week or so before bottling the rest. I didn't want to add more sorbate if I didn't have to. Fingers crossed.

Watching the Peaches gone wild thread right now. It appears that Whitehrs has done a sweetening a month after stabilizing and started a second fermentation. Exactly what I was worried about.

Back