Discolored juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shae

Junior
Reaction score
Hi,
I started an Island Mist kit yesterday and noticed that the juice was pretty dark for being a white wine. Do these go bad? It is the Tropical Lime (I think that's what it's called) kit and it's been a while since I have done a white so I'm hoping it hasn't gone bad and I've wasted my money on it!

Thank you.

White wines always look darker than I think they should at the start. They almost always turn out just fine. Assuming that the white wine kit is less than about a year or year and a half old, I am sure it is fine. There is a sticky that explains how to understand the date code of the various manufacturers.

If you think it is unreasonably dark, post a good picture. and we will offer our expert (cough, cough) opinions on it.

Awesome, thank you! I started it anyway and it is fizzing away. I will post some photos when I get home. Hopefully it turns out OK, my mouth is already watering just thinking about drinking it.

I just had a similar experience wit Limited Release Pacifica White Wine Kit. Most of the juice was medium in color, but the dregs (sediment) were much much darker. The smell of the juice was strong apple cider and the taste was a strong sweet apple cider, so I think it is ok. But this is my 4th batch so I would like some opinions if I should go back to the vendor and get another box. I have attached a picture of the remaining dregs.

( Grapes in the Pacifica - Australian Semillon, a Chilean Chardonnay, a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, and a Voigner from the US Pacific Northwest.)

Attachments

• WE Pacifica juice.jpg
    WE Pacifica juice.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 18
I just had a similar experience wit Limited Release Pacifica White Wine Kit. Most of the juice was medium in color, but the dregs (sediment) were much much darker. The smell of the juice was strong apple cider and the taste was a strong sweet apple cider, so I think it is ok. But this is my 4th batch so I would like some opinions if I should go back to the vendor and get another box. I have attached a picture of the remaining dregs.

( Grapes in the Pacifica - Australian Semillon, a Chilean Chardonnay, a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, and a Voigner from the US Pacific Northwest.)
Looks similar to every white I've made.

Latest posts

Back