Disaster

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m sorry for your loss! I had a fire once that burnt down half of my house. It a lot of work to recover from. Make sure you write down all your losses while it’s fresh in your memory for the insurance company. Best of luck to you!

Make sure you write down all your losses while it’s fresh in your memory for the insurance company
Yes this! Reminds me I need to make a video and list of all my wine-making equipment for just such an emergency. I do that with my shop as well.

That wine has to be at least $30-40 a bottle right?

Yes this! Reminds me I need to make a video and list of all my wine-making equipment for just such an emergency. I do that with my shop as well.

That wine has to be at least $30-40 a bottle right?
Right, $30 or $40 a bottle for the insurance loss.

Ugh! Sorry to hear about fire/loss! Hopefully nobody was hurt & house/vino operations recovery will be quick! 😉

It's hard to take sometimes, but as long as you're OK that's the main thing. Just remember the old winemaking proverb. "Time and Patience."👍

sad day in the MO...a fire in my dedicated Vino creation laboratory completely destroyed all of my equipment ( which can be replaced in time fortunately), but I lost around 40 gallons of wine that was in various stage of bulk aging from 3 months to 1 year.
Dang!

Was anyone hurt???

Back