Disaster struck!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donatelo

Reaction score
Never ever Ever store bottles of wine above your computer. I had a bottle of Gewerztraminer push the cork out and it sprayed wine all over my office, but mainly it flowed down onto my $1000 computer. They tell me I may be able to get my data, but the computer chips are fried for sure. The hard drive may be ok and they want to Paul it out, mount it in an enclosure and load it onto another computer.
I'm now writing on a little Surface tablet. This sucks!

Never ever Ever store bottles of wine above your computer. I had a bottle of Gewerztraminer push the cork out and it sprayed wine all over my office, but mainly it flowed down onto my $1000 computer. They tell me I may be able to get my data, but the computer chips are fried for sure. The hard drive may be ok and they want to Paul it out, mount it in an enclosure and load it onto another computer.
I'm now writing on a little Surface tablet. This sucks!
Oh no...so sorry to hear that!

My heart goes out to you. are you certain the electronics is "fried"? I wonder if you stick your computer into a box of silica gel it might pull all the moisture from your computer.

Back