Dill Pickle Relish - Anyone have a good recipe?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_rayway

Always busy
Reaction score
Hey All,
I'm looking for a killer Cuke Dill Pickle Relish recipe for canning. Something that really has some good zip and pucker.

:a1

I haven't made a pucker-dill relish, only sweet. I checked some of my canning books and none jumped out at me. This one looks pretty good and I have always trusted recipes from this site. http://www.food.com/recipe/tangy-dill-pickle-relish-182788
Comparing this to a regular dill relish, the garlic seems to be the key component. Some in my books called for 2 red chili peppers seeded and chopped to the vinegar mixture. Although this calls one for Turmeric, I would probably go with bay leaf. Read the reviews and see some of the changes others made. Cutting back on the sugar would be a start if you want pucker.
Now you got me wanting to can something, Dang you! :)

Thanks Lori!
This looks like it has some potential...I'm thinking I would cut the sugar and add some diced hot pepper. Likely bay leaf instead of turmeric like you mentioned - my Mom has a bay tree at her place, so I could scam a fresh one :)

I LOVE canning. Wishing I was in a place where I could garden year round and can, pickle, wine make and ferment to my heart's content.

My cucumbers didn't do too great this summer. I am going to try again in the fall. I have made relish, but never regular dill pickles. I understand packing them with a grape leaf keeps them crispier. What a great marriage, huh?

Lol! I've heard the same as well.

Mine are not heat processed, and they are always nice and crunchy :) Our cukes did awful this year as well, but Mom and Dad's did ok so I have some to pull from.

Latest posts

Back