Didnt count on them!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa_Jeff

Junior
Reaction score
So leaving home to goto work there were 4 turkeys on my grapes, 3 ontop the gazeebo and a total of 37 in the yard! In 1 visit I lost almost ALL of my supply!
by the time I stopped and got the camera out, they were just about full and ready to leave. They left me 2x t gallon buckets of de-stemed white grapes.

20171017_091501.jpg

No fall season in my area for them. They are wild. And very tasty! Slow smoke over charcoal and apple and peach wood. Mmmmm! They roost every night 50 yards out my back door.

In my area if they hang in your yard they are ferrel and fair game.
Reintroduced several years ago, what an awfull idea that was.

its legal to hunt with a suppressor in my state....id have a full freezer right now lol

the bench

Beware though Some turkeys show up with attitude.

(Note: Don't drink while watching this.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPwDElfX2Yg

You can watch all these turkey hunting shows on TV talk about how smart these birds are....BULL. They are fun to hunt and call in close range. But, they are dumb as a post. I've shot big toms and had another tom come charging in to "fight" the dead one....shot him too. Quit hunting them because I could not stand the smell when cleaning them...I'll shoot them and tag them for you if you want one, but I ain't cleaning the thing.

I slow cook them in the baking bags with apples...long, low, and slow...cook them to pieces. Not bad in chilli either.

You can watch all these turkey hunting shows on TV talk about how smart these birds are....BULL. They are fun to hunt and call in close range. But, they are dumb as a post. I've shot big toms and had another tom come charging in to "fight" the dead one....shot him too. Quit hunting them because I could not stand the smell when cleaning them...I'll shoot them and tag them for you if you want one, but I ain't cleaning the thing.

I slow cook them in the baking bags with apples...long, low, and slow...cook them to pieces. Not bad in chilli either.

that's why I mentioned the suppressor..ive harvested whole flocks of turkeys with a suppressed rifle...they literally just watch all their turkey friends fall down and they just keep eating until its their turn....self preservation is not a keen skill to a turkey lol

the bench

Latest posts

Back