Did you name your home winery?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see.......

Custom Stencil [Y]

1612121683446.jpeg

Custom Signage [Y]

1612121904084.jpeg

Custom Label [Y}

1612121954846.jpeg

Custom Corks [Y]

1612122111991.jpeg

1612122137518.jpeg

Multiple Website Domain Names [Y]

Someday might get some custom bottle openers or wineglasses if the price is right and don't have to order too many it might be fun.

I started my winemaking in a basement laundry room that doubled as my black & white darkroom for my photography business, thus "Darkroom Wine Cellar". In 2005 my father-in-law tore down a 100 year dairy barn. We managed to salvage 23 beams 2.5in. x12in x12 ft a mix of oak and hickory. With the help of 2 friends we made countertops, wine racks, and poker/tasting table for my new wine cellar. After completion we had to include "Old Barn Wine" (division of Darkroom Wine Cellar). Still working on my logo.

IMG_0867.jpgIMG_0864.JPGIMG_0863.jpgMalbec2019.jpg

All the lumber for the racks were resawn so finished racks were were made from 5/8 in. material after resawing and planing. I haven't been able to completely fill them yet.:rolleyes: Apparently a production, consumption issue.

Do you really mean 5/8"? There must be some mistake. Looks north of 1" to me.

Headstone Cutter

Name comes from the profession of the gentleman who built our rattletrap farmhouse in 1880s and plied his trade into 1930s (the foundation of a nearby house has some of his goofs).

Our house and 140 vines are next to a small hilltop cemetery (first graves 1812) -- where Old George planned ahead and made sure he would rest easy under what still remains by far the cemetery’s tallest stone.

Working on a logo for labels and our first bottling later this year.

This is a LOT of inventive names. I suck at naming things so I just went with my last name. Many moons ago I ordered stick pens that allowed 2 lines of customization, so I used my name and developed the tagline "fine wines since 1981", which I've used since then.

A friend constructed the grape warrior avatar for use on a Dungeons & Dragons forum (have played since 1983), and I have used it on my labels since then. Following is the current version of a label for a 2020 red -- I'm broadening out, using a lightened picture as a background. Once I tried using a colored background and burned through $75 in ink before I realized it.

Meritage 2020.png

I love the customized coasters and the openers @NorCal posted ... gotta look into that.

EDIT: I use Paint.net for my graphics work. It's free and full featured, but the learning curve is steep. I search for instructions before trying anything new as figuring things out of my own rarely works. I'm not all that artistic, but am a solid technicians, so I do things like clearing the background of a graphic so that only the main part of the graphic covers objects behind it.

I used paint.net to identify the predominant blue/grey colors in my avatar, and used those colors for the titles.

Last edited:
This is a LOT of inventive names. I suck at naming things so I just went with my last name. Many moons ago I ordered stick pens that allowed 2 lines of customization, so I used my name and developed the tagline "fine wines since 1981", which I've used since then.

A friend constructed the grape warrior avatar for use on a Dungeons & Dragons forum (have played since 1983), and I have used it on my labels since then. Following is the current version of a label for a 2020 red -- I'm broadening out, using a lightened picture as a background. Once I tried using a colored background and burned through $75 in ink before I realized it.

View attachment 71133

I love the customized coasters and the openers @NorCal posted ... gotta look into that.

I often fade the background as well, makes for a really nice touch.

Latest posts

Back