Did you name your home winery?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ponder Labs - with a bit of double entendre. Scientist by training, love the science/experimenting perspective of winemaking, and when I am not working or making wine, I am running my two labradors (who have been politely asked not to leave dog hair in the winery, with limited results)

Would love to develop a logo - unfortunately, the flip side of my brain (the creative side) didn't develop quite as well. My DIL has a circut, though. Love the idea of "branded" clothing.

Ponder Labs - with a bit of double entendre. Scientist by training, love the science/experimenting perspective of winemaking, and when I am not working or making wine, I am running my two labradors (who have been politely asked not to leave dog hair in the winery, with limited results)

Would love to develop a logo - unfortunately, the flip side of my brain (the creative side) didn't develop quite as well. My DIL has a circut, though. Love the idea of "branded" clothing.
hehe, my Labrador since a puppy has been taught that she has two no-no spots, the wine room kitchen/dinning area, she's a no go on leaving hair, i guess 2 outta 3 ain't bad,,,
Dawg

My wife and I are (mostly) equal in what we do in the winery area. She claims she is just my cellar ready, but had a much more discriminating pallet than I do. I am Craig, she is Joyce, so together we are CJ Mason Wines. We thought of doing a fancy logo, but the best we could come up with would have looked like JC Wines, that seemed almost pretentious to us.

Where I make, store, age wine is at my wife's old family home on our property. Her family name makes a nice "Old World" look When combined with the German word for House (Haus) Thus Heffner Haus Wines. (Both our families have a German ancestry at some point along the line.)

1612036213600.png

Last edited:
Okay - NorCal's fun stuff is motivating me to revisit the logo idea. Anyone on the forum with a graphic art background and interest in earning some pocket change? Feel free to ping me directly.

@mainshipfred - what name did you eventually decide on? Lots of good suggestions.

Okay - NorCal's fun stuff is motivating me to revisit the logo idea. Anyone on the forum with a graphic art background and interest in earning some pocket change? Feel free to ping me directly.

@mainshipfred - what name did you eventually decide on? Lots of good suggestions.

Simply Black Cellars

My wife and I are (mostly) equal in what we do in the winery area. She claims she is just my cellar ready, but had a much more discriminating pallet than I do. I am Craig, she is Joyce, so together we are CJ Mason Wines. We thought of doing a fancy logo, but the best we could come up with would have looked like JC Wines, that seemed almost pretentious to us.

Hubby and I are mostly equal - he prompted this hobby in an effort to even the playing field after decades (he has lots of hobbies, I have fewer). Now he encourages production and enjoys the results. I enjoy the process.

17 Oaks. That is how many I needed to mow around at the time I started. Lost count on how many it is these days. Also, my wife is breeding Border Terriers and is using that for a kennel name. I use the tree in my profile on many of my labels so it is kind of my logo. And yes, it is one I mow around.

Highland Meadow Vineyards. Hopefully we'll be a commercial vineyard provided the 1.25 acres and future plantings reach their full potential and we have dreams of a winery. The area is known as Virginia Highlands, we have Scottish heritage, and the vineyard is pretty much in a meadow. We thought of many things but this seems to fit.

Attachments

• Label template.png
    Label template.png
    246.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Vines Sept 24 III.jpg
    Vines Sept 24 III.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Snow.jpg
    Snow.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back