Did you name your home winery?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

JBP

Reaction score
Ponder Labs - with a bit of double entendre. Scientist by training, love the science/experimenting perspective of winemaking, and when I am not working or making wine, I am running my two labradors (who have been politely asked not to leave dog hair in the winery, with limited results)

Would love to develop a logo - unfortunately, the flip side of my brain (the creative side) didn't develop quite as well. My DIL has a circut, though. Love the idea of "branded" clothing.

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I when I was trying to name mine I was having such a hard time I asked the forum for help. Just joining I was amazed at all the responses I received. Your logo is perfect but something I haven't been able to come up with.

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
very N.E. Arkansas in the instep of MO, BOOTHILL,,
Ponder Labs - with a bit of double entendre. Scientist by training, love the science/experimenting perspective of winemaking, and when I am not working or making wine, I am running my two labradors (who have been politely asked not to leave dog hair in the winery, with limited results)

Would love to develop a logo - unfortunately, the flip side of my brain (the creative side) didn't develop quite as well. My DIL has a circut, though. Love the idea of "branded" clothing.
hehe, my Labrador since a puppy has been taught that she has two no-no spots, the wine room kitchen/dinning area, she's a no go on leaving hair, i guess 2 outta 3 ain't bad,,,
Dawg

cmason1957

CRS Sufferer
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
O'Fallon, MO - Just NorthWest of St. Louis, MO
My wife and I are (mostly) equal in what we do in the winery area. She claims she is just my cellar ready, but had a much more discriminating pallet than I do. I am Craig, she is Joyce, so together we are CJ Mason Wines. We thought of doing a fancy logo, but the best we could come up with would have looked like JC Wines, that seemed almost pretentious to us.

Scooter68

Fruit "Wine" Maker
Reaction score
Where I make, store, age wine is at my wife's old family home on our property. Her family name makes a nice "Old World" look When combined with the German word for House (Haus) Thus Heffner Haus Wines. (Both our families have a German ancestry at some point along the line.)

1612036213600.png

Last edited:

JBP

Reaction score
Okay - NorCal's fun stuff is motivating me to revisit the logo idea. Anyone on the forum with a graphic art background and interest in earning some pocket change? Feel free to ping me directly.

@mainshipfred - what name did you eventually decide on? Lots of good suggestions.

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Okay - NorCal's fun stuff is motivating me to revisit the logo idea. Anyone on the forum with a graphic art background and interest in earning some pocket change? Feel free to ping me directly.

@mainshipfred - what name did you eventually decide on? Lots of good suggestions.
Simply Black Cellars

JBP

Reaction score
My wife and I are (mostly) equal in what we do in the winery area. She claims she is just my cellar ready, but had a much more discriminating pallet than I do. I am Craig, she is Joyce, so together we are CJ Mason Wines. We thought of doing a fancy logo, but the best we could come up with would have looked like JC Wines, that seemed almost pretentious to us.
Hubby and I are mostly equal - he prompted this hobby in an effort to even the playing field after decades (he has lots of hobbies, I have fewer). Now he encourages production and enjoys the results. I enjoy the process.

justsipn

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
German Cellars. German is my last name, pronounced with a hard G.

Even before I started making wine, I had a G in an interesting font that I would use on various things. I include that now on my labels.

swv

17 Oaks
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
17 Oaks. That is how many I needed to mow around at the time I started. Lost count on how many it is these days. Also, my wife is breeding Border Terriers and is using that for a kennel name. I use the tree in my profile on many of my labels so it is kind of my logo. And yes, it is one I mow around.

VinesnBines

Reaction score
Highland Meadow Vineyards. Hopefully we'll be a commercial vineyard provided the 1.25 acres and future plantings reach their full potential and we have dreams of a winery. The area is known as Virginia Highlands, we have Scottish heritage, and the vineyard is pretty much in a meadow. We thought of many things but this seems to fit.

Attachments