Did you know...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

Reaction score
According to MoreWine

MoreWine! "On average, one ton of California wine grapes contains seven lbs of dirt, one mouse nest, 147 bees, 98 wasps, 1014 earwigs, 1833 ants, 10899 leafhoppers and three pounds of bird droppings. Grapes are crushed without washing. When fermentation is complete, the dirt, bee wings, etc. settle to the bottom of the fermenter...s, and is left behind when wine is racked."

Just shows you that a little "protien" dont hurt the wine. LOL :dg

and how perfect sanitizing isn't necessary.
My wife says i have a touch of the OCD. i spend "twice as long setting up to make wine as i do making the wine".

it's actually more, :p.

I assumed that was the case. You should see how much debris and foreign matter is allowed in regular food products by regulatory agencies.

Unfortunately no, that would definately liven up an IT support group though if a horse did answer.

Speaking of horse, at least your not eating dog food.

I love hot dogs and bologna - which is why i never read what it is made of.

What you don't know won't hurt you - right.....

why...why...WHY DID I OPEN THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dang it!!! i KNEW it was like that but still didnt need to see in in print!!!!!!!

gonna go drink lots of wine so i can forget all this!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!

why...why...WHY DID I OPEN THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dang it!!! i KNEW it was like that but still didnt need to see in in print!!!!!!!

Yeah Nikki I'm with you. I hate it when I have to floss after a glass of wine just because of a fruit fly body. :)

Well just drink your own! I think you need more carboys so you can stop buying that crap. :)

Back