Did anyone see this?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or imagine being one of the unlucky bastards who spent a bunch of money to take a taste, and air had leaked in and they tasted 184 y.o. funk! Do you think you could get a refund?:D I've always wondered about these "old" wines that fetch a high price. How do you know it will be good? And if it's not? Who do complain to , certainly not the vinter? LOL:)
Just wondering.....
Troy
Excellent arcticle Con., that would be pretty cool inded to say you may have tasted something that special. I was surprised to see that they said it still had some hint of cabonation left.

Last edited:
not just that it had the hint, but still possessed distinct flavors that you could still taste!!!

yes i read that. my deal is i would not want to open it just because of its age/collectors point of veiw. instead of owening a very old wine you would olny have a very old bottle right?

It makes you truly wonder why somethig like that can last that long. Didnt read the article yet, was it stred in a cave?

I wonder if they paid anything to be one of the twelve, or were they just some of the friends to be called for the pleasure?
I like to think that one day someone will open something of mine that is old, but who knows.
I have a bottle of $100.00 cognac that was given to me that I've had close to thirty years.

Latest posts

Back