Other Diamanti Ice Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhineMaker

Addicted Member
Reaction score
I've been looking to get an Ice Wine kit and may have found a "Diamanti" in the ruff. I've done quite a few Paklab kits and this appears to be their newest offering..

Diamanti White Ice Wine Kit

If you look at the ad it says it's a 13.5 lb kit.. Not impressive for an Ice Wine.. But upon further looking, if you enlarge the picture it says on the box 13.5kg 12L kit.. 13.5kg=~30lbs. Now they got my attention.. It also says in the add that you get 30 750ml bottles.. Highly unlikely. I am going to assume you get 30 375ml bottles from this "all-juice" Ice Wine kit. I am a sucker for Amazon and free shipping so I bought one. $58.00 delivered is about $35.00 cheaper than the next "namebrand" ice wine kit I could find.

I will have the kit by tuesday and will post the particulars here once I get it.

They also sell a few other kits under that brandname.
Link

Last edited:
All Ice Wine kits I know make 3 gallon batches or 30 375ml bottles. I know of no Ice Wine in 750ml bottles. I think what the reference is the 6 gal kits (30 750ml bottles)

BTW after adding water to the kit check the gravity. It should be 1.150ish or 35 brix

Good luck and check the expir. date as these kits on these sites are usually out of date. Fingers are crossed for you!

Whinemaker:

Ignore Tom's comment about adding water. Read the instructions. That is a 12 litre kit. If it truly makes 30 x 375ml bottles, it will be a no-water-to-be-added kit.

Steve

ops,, Guess I didnt read every word...
Steve is right. The Ice Wine kits I know need water to be added (they are not a 12 ltr kit).
Let us know how it turns out.

All of the Ice wine kits Ive made were no water added but i always buy the best kits I can.

Whinemaker:

Ignore Tom's comment about adding water. Read the instructions. That is a 12 litre kit. If it truly makes 30 x 375ml bottles, it will be a no-water-to-be-added kit.

Steve

This is what I am hoping for.. I can still ferment in a 6.5 gal primary right? I will transfer to a 3 gal when required. Also on the box it looks as though it is a 6 week kit. No mention of corks, labels, foil, but I will let you guy know in a few days.

All of the Ice wine kits Ive made were no water added but i always buy the best kits I can.

I've had such good luck with paklab(except the barolo) that I am willing to take a chance on it. $2.00/375ml bottle would be a very good investment if all turns out ok.. Fingers crossed

Heck, you can ferment it in a 55 gallon drum if you wish and all is good so long as you transefer like you sid to its proper size carboy when needed. Even if it is an expired kit most kits are still good with thenexception of an easily afforded packet of yeast.

Got the kit.. Made by Advintage (division of paklab?).. In the box there are 2 bags.. One is a 9L bag of primary must.. The other essentially an F-Pack, is 3L in size.. No labels, corks or foil like other paklab kits.. Below if all goes well are the instructions..

picture.php

picture.php

The first thing to catch my eye was the 23L reference.. If you then look at day one it says to add the primary bag into fermentor and then add no water! Reading further no mention of adding water, so this is a 12L kit, not 23L!! Not a big deal because thats what I expected.. Wierd that they would print the 23L reference though.. Obviously an oversight.. Otherwise the directions are somewhat vague IMHO..

Will be starting this kit this weekend.

So this kit comes with both k-meta and ascorbic acid like I use on most of my white or light fruit wines huh, thats the first time Ive seen ascobic acid(vitamin C) in a kit.

It's in the primary. Earlier than planned, but had the house to myself when I got home from work so I went ahead and started it. Initial SG 1.114 @ 68F. Smells very, very good!! Have 3 batches going now. RJS OB Sangria, Vino Italiano Muscato and this Ice Wine, all started in the last 2 days!

Have my work cut out for me as the easiest part is done.. Now to look forward to all the racking etc.. Good thing I am up to 4 carboys!!

BTW, the yeast is EC1118 with an expiration of 11/11.. Was not able to figure out the date code on the bags of juice though, but I imagine they are recent as these kits are just coming out on the market..

Racked the ice wine at 1.000 last night.. Only problem is as you can see from step #6 in the directions, I need to put it in a quiet place to finish fermenting. Try to find a quiet place with a 3 year old running around!! Not likely.. :D

Must be something in the french to english translation of the directions for that to be in there.. Thought it was pretty funny though..

:b

Very little activity in the secondary, so I checked the SG last night. It was at 0.990.. So the ABV of this wine is 16.5%! I racked it, added f-pack, sorbate, k-meta, degassed and added fining agents.. Lots of sediment fell overnight, and the wine is already clearing nicely. It has a nice dark, almost bronze color to it right now, and tastes excellent! It says to bottle after 1 week.. We'll see..

After it settles more ck the gravity. It should have increased and the alcohol decrease

After it settles more ck the gravity. It should have increased and the alcohol decrease

I am actually mad at myself for not taking a SG reading after I added the f-pack... Where do you think this will end up ABV wise?? I always thought that it retained the level of whatever it fermented to.. In this case the difference between 1.114 and 0.990, which is where I got the 16.5% from.

Ummm...what do you mean?

The alcohol is fixed by the fermentation. When you sweeten (or add an F-pack) it doesn't decrease the alcohol content (except a little due to the increase in volume).

Steve

Steve, Yep its "thinning" it out a little so some loss of alcohol.
Since I dont make to many kits with a f-pac. generally how much is in one? 750ml 1.5 ltr...

Latest posts

Back