Other Diamanti Ice Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, Yep its "thinning" it out a little so some loss of alcohol.
Since I dont make to many kits with a f-pac. generally how much is in one? 750ml 1.5 ltr...
The mist kits that I have made since I started measuring the F-packs (mostly Niagara Mist and Orchard Breezin) are about 1.5 litres (at least that's what I remember, because I didn't make a note about it). But alcohol in a mist kit is sorta secondary (at least to me).

The other styles of kits (eg Suss Reserve whites and Zin Blushes) have contained smaller F-packs. Vineco uses a 950ml Suss Reserve in their premium whites, and a 600ml sweet pack in their Ken Ridge Classic White Zinfandel.

Looking thru my notes, I never measured the sweet/flavour pack in an ice wine kit. I would say larger but not certain, and that is against only 11 litres.

Nonetheless, the alcohol drop is not as large as the drop you would see by calculations based on the finished sg (which is what you seemed to be saying).

Steve

Yea I was thinking along the line of 1/2%. So, I certainly be off if not being diluted as much. Its seamed to me that there was more in the f-pac. I guess not. Thanks for the info.

Bottled this batch last night.. I took an SG reading after I transferred to my bottling bucket and it is 1.060! That is one potent F-Pack!

Tom, since the f-pack was 3 liters(marked on the package), and the total batch 12 liters did I cut the final ABV by 1/4? If so, the ABV should now be ~12.5%. This is a very sweet Ice Wine, and tastes fantastic! Definately a sipper and would pair perfectly with just about any sweet dessert.. The color is darker than I expected, it is a medium amber color.. Will post pics later when I get a chance.

Better late than never right?? Here is the Ice Wine in its finished state..

picture.php

Ice Wine

First time on Forum; also just started the Dimanti Blush Ice Wine (made a previous ice wine in 2001 - Vineco product; very good); Regret buying a "Vintage" product (tried a couple of other kits from same brand; still dry wines; but tasted terrible). Just moved to secondary fermentation; smell and taste is not pleasant; hope I won't be dumping it! I agree with some earlier comments - instructions are a bit mis leading about it being a 23 l kit and yet it is clearly 1/2 (about 10 litres of juice in first pack and no water to be added). Would hate for a newbie to start with this kit; would likely turn them off of wine making.

Dimanti Ice Wine

Bottled about a month ago; it's ok, but not as good as the one I made several years ago from a better supplier. Won't be dumping, but not as proud of it to be able to give it away. Recommend staying away from PakLab products.

It's been a year since anyone updated the progress on this Paklab Ice Wine.

Whinemaker, please update us. I just racked this to a 3 gal carboy. I'm looking for any update I can get. I do plan to filter this and I'm wondering whether I should add brandy before bottling. Any suggestions?

Ready to filter and bottle this Ice Wine

I tested the taste of this ice wine and it's great. Bottle next Saturday.

I was hoping to hear from others on this. Someone's batch is now 2 years old if it lasted that long.

Yeah it is great. I just ordered the Milk Chocolate Strawberry Port. I hope it's as good as the Ice Wine. You can't beat the price on Amazon, plus free shipping...

Yeah it is great. I just ordered the Milk Chocolate Strawberry Port. I hope it's as good as the Ice Wine. You can't beat the price on Amazon, plus free shipping...

Try the pear Chardonnay! I just bottled half of mine for a friends wedding. She wanted all White Zin until she tasted this one. :slp On the Pear Chard kit I also added one can of Welch's frozen white concentrate after the F pack. This made it fabulous!

Pear Chardonnay

Try the pear Chardonnay! I just bottled half of mine for a friends wedding. She wanted all White Zin until she tasted this one. :slp On the Pear Chard kit I also added one can of Welch's frozen white concentrate after the F pack. This made it fabulous!

That sounds great. Thanks.:br

Dimanti Ice Wine

It's from Amazon with no tax and free shipping.

I just orderd my second kit. Signed up for 6 month deliveries and saved an extra 15%.

I gave a bottle to my partner a month ago. He called last night and raved about it.

I opened a bottle tonight and it was great. I highly recommend it.......

Latest posts

Back