Destemmer Crusher advice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueStimulator

Reaction score
I can't believe my family actually listened to me this Christmas holiday. They all pulled together and I have some spending money to buy a destemmer and crusher. So what can I get for a 2-4 hundred dollars. For those of you that have a destemmer crusher what do you like, what do you wish you had on the machine. I'm guessing when I get to full production I should be doing somewhere between 300 to 500 pounds.

For that amount any of the hand crank C/D will do. You can spring for SS for more $$ but my painted one looks just like brand new after 5 seasons and up to 1300lbs crushed in a single year. If your handy you can toss on a motor as the mount is there on all of them if your numbers go up down the road.

Spend the extra money and get one with an electric motor! Believe me, you will be glad you did (especially if you scale up in the future).

The SS versions, although nice, make the units rather pricey. I have a painted version that has seen VERY heavy use. I purchased it in 1995 and it still is in great shape. IMHO, it is hardly worth the extra money for something that you will use only once or twice a year.

The price difference today between a manual and a motorized crusher has risen to 2X! Thats a lot of $$$. Mine was converted over to motorized using a recycled treadmill motor (found in a local dump). This one uses a serpentine belt/pully which was purchased new.

IMG_2377.jpg

Latest posts

Back