Designing labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is there an online site that may be considered more budget friendly? Some of the ones mentioned here charge $1+ per label! Not wanting to add $30 cost to wine, but $10-15 is realistic for me

So is there an online site that may be considered more budget friendly? Some of the ones mentioned here charge $1+ per label! Not wanting to add $30 cost to wine, but $10-15 is realistic for me
I design my own labels, print to PDF, buy my own media, and take it to Staples to print. For each sheet the media costs $0.75 and the printing costs $0.85. Since there are 6 labels per sheet, cost is roughly $0.27/bottle.

Avery Design and Print online avery.com. We use removable labels. Ours are inkjet so if they get wet from water or condensation the labels run but if you keep them dry you can do this. On the first bottle the "Luciotti Dixon" is two layers. I size the first one to fit then copy and paste to get the second then overlay but put them slighly off so they look shadowed. This one is black letters with white background to enhance the black letters on the blue background.
FinerWines.jpg

Those are beautiful labels!

Ours are inkjet so if they get wet from water or condensation the labels run but if you keep them dry you can do this.
That's why I switched to laser printing, as after a few years the inkjet labels didn't age well in my humid cellar.

The Zinfandel provided an optical illusion -- at first glance the fuzzy capsule didn't appear attached to the bottle, and I wondered how (and why) you cut the top off the bottle! 😆

Those are beautiful labels!

That's why I switched to laser printing, as after a few years the inkjet labels didn't age well in my humid cellar.

The Zinfandel provided an optical illusion -- at first glance the fuzzy capsule didn't appear attached to the bottle, and I wondered how (and why) you cut the top off the bottle! 😆
Just the angle of the iPhone camera. And the bottles were set in a V shape.

I seriously love those cat labels... I only have two cats though... might have to get some more? You know, for label purposes...
Thank you! I'm glad you like them!
I moved to the country years ago with 2 cats. They're long gone but strays and ferals showed up from to time and I would feed them. Then I built wind breaks around the food, quickly followed by a roof. The following spring I insulated and heated my detached garage and installed cat doors. My truck is too tall for the garage door so it's always been for storage and shelter.
Three of my indoor cats I raised from the day they were born - 2 hour feedings, daily baths. I always have KMR (kitten milk replacement) in stock just in case.
Cats are weird. They're a source of great joy and unfortunately sometimes incredible sadness.
And 2 of them like wine so I have to monitor my glass constantly.

Thank you! I'm glad you like them!
I moved to the country years ago with 2 cats. They're long gone but strays and ferals showed up from to time and I would feed them. Then I built wind breaks around the food, quickly followed by a roof. The following spring I insulated and heated my detached garage and installed cat doors. My truck is too tall for the garage door so it's always been for storage and shelter.
Three of my indoor cats I raised from the day they were born - 2 hour feedings, daily baths. I always have KMR (kitten milk replacement) in stock just in case.
Cats are weird. They're a source of great joy and unfortunately sometimes incredible sadness.
And 2 of them like wine so I have to monitor my glass constantly.
Beautifully said.

Latest posts

Back