Delay Bottling?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dugger

Reaction score
I have a Brew House beer kit going and it is due for bottling ( day 20+/-) and I don't have time to bottle it right now (going away on a fishing trip) - can I leave it in the carboy for an extra week? It is clear and ready to prime/bottle but in a cool, dark place now.

I'm certainly no expert (having only done a handful of these kits) but I have read from others that some brewers actually recommend leaving everything in the primary for a month (assuming a proper seal). So I think you'll be fine.

I've got one Brewhouse kit currently in the 2nd that has been in there since May 10. I'm not sure why but its been a super slow ferment but otherwise it looks and smells fine.

Thanks,Wino - this is only my 2nd one of these so I'm a newbie at it.
Gonna be a big night out there tonight - Go Canuks, Go!!

Yes - its a really big deal out here right now. The excitement is palpable. Got my BrewHouse Pilsner chilling in the fridge. I'm ready! :)

Is there much enthusiasm/excitement for the Canucks out your way? Our local papers keep wanting to debate whether or not we are "Canada's Team" yet?

If you have racked it at least once wait.
Waiting will clear your beer.
Do not bottle from fermentor when sediment is there. Rack into a bottling bucket.

Tom - yes it's been racked to carboy and is clearing nicely - thanks.

Wino - yes, there's lots of excitement out this way too, but I would say it's split pretty evenly between Vancouver and Boston. Nova Scotia has a large Bruins/Red Socks following since they are geographically close and also because of the assistance from Boston after the Halifax explosion. In our house I am rooting for the Canucks; my nephew likes the Bruins; my wife wishes it was all over!! You can bet that upper Canada will never recognize Vancouver as Canada's team!
Enjoy - games just starting so I'm out of here, with a stop at the fridge.

Tom - yes it's been racked to carboy and is clearing nicely - thanks.

Wino - yes, there's lots of excitement out this way too, but I would say it's split pretty evenly between Vancouver and Boston. Nova Scotia has a large Bruins/Red Socks following since they are geographically close and also because of the assistance from Boston after the Halifax explosion. In our house I am rooting for the Canucks; my nephew likes the Bruins; my wife wishes it was all over!! You can bet that upper Canada will never recognize Vancouver as Canada's team!
Enjoy - games just starting so I'm out of here, with a stop at the fridge.

ck out "fermenting" below and see what BEER is fermenting

ck out "fermenting" below and see what BEER is fermenting

Wow, 40 gal of beer I haven't even heard of, let alone sampled! Guess you enjoy your beer!!
I don't drink a lot of beer, a kit batch will do me probably a year, with the odd 6/8 pack from the liquor store. Someday, maybe I'll get into beer from scratch.
Cheers.

Back