Degassing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdaniels9

Junior
Reaction score
I decided I did not care too much if my blush was carbonated a little. So I didnt stir it until bubbles stopped coming up. But now hwen I shake it in the carboy no bubbles come up. could it be fully degassed?

Its hard to say for sure, but its probably not "fully" de-gassed. How much CO2 you have will be hard to judge on our part though. If you have a mityvac hand pump you could try to check by vacuum de-gassing to know for sure if it did get completely de-gassed or not.

I decided I did not care too much if my blush was carbonated a little. So I didnt stir it until bubbles stopped coming up. But now hwen I shake it in the carboy no bubbles come up. could it be fully degassed?

If you didn't do the work to degas it's doubtful that it degassed on its own. But since you didn't care too much then it's all good. ;-)

rather than doing all the work to degass can I just stir a little, add the stabilizers- and put it back in the carboy and leave it for a long time?

Is there any harm in that?

no, its not really clear... does that affect anything? I have not added the clarifying agents yet...

With lots of C02 suspened in you wine it keeps the solids of your wine in suspension also making your fining agent not work well.

Latest posts

Back