Degassing pump?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheap degassing pump

This might be an idea I use an old nebulizer machine (probably didt spell that right) which is used for giving breathing treatments. I took the case appart switching the air fittings and removing the filter insert. this placing the fitting with line fitting on the intake side. The machine uses a 1/4 line which can be placed over the hole in your stopper and sucks the gas out. If the vaccuum gets to strong just break it a little and continue. You can probably make some type of regulater for this but it works. Lots of young children have to use nebulizers these days then grow out of it so people have them just sitting in the closet and would give them away(most the time insurance pays for them). My two kids both had to have these treatments so I had two of them. its much less work than stirring the wine. Sorry for the long post but hard to explain in few words.

This might be an idea I use an old nebulizer machine .

Have you ever connected a gauge to see what size vacuum it will pull? I thought about using the nebulizer as an aerator, connecting an air stone--not mechanically inclined enough to do what you did.

Back