Degasing/ refirmentation problem/question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtydog420

Reaction score
I got two batches im getting ready to bottle tomarrow hopefully, its been stabilized and f-paked two days ago, seem like im still getting a bunch of gas from the wine... Has the wine started refirmenting? or am i just getting the last gas out? Any thoughts would be helpful

SG before sweetening and then after sweetening and how about now? If you have this info then youll know if its fermenting again.

Of course I don't know what wine or what kit you are writing about, but if you just added the F pack 2 days ago, would you be getting ready to bottle this soon?

I might be wasting your time, since I haven't made very many kits with F packs. However, for everything I had made with an F pack, I had to clarify after adding the pack. If that's the case for your wine, wouldn't you want to wait a few weeks for the wine to clear before bottling?

Def made a mistake and forgot to measure SG.. Bruins were on, and I kinda rushed.. Its my first batch of homemade wine... Know now for next batch.. Guess the only thing to do I just wait?

one is pear other is carrot.. I racked, added k-meta and sorabte, f-paked, then added superclear to clarify.. did this all sat night..

Back