Wine Kitz Decoding the date on the smaller WK boxes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhattin

Reaction score
Put some of the new WK kits on with following date codes:L210615S1-50 80249, and L210331S1 - 50 97773.
How do u decode the actual production dates from these, and are they significantly different?

I'm really guessing here but I see something that resembles the international date code, which is yyyy-mm-dd. My take is the code is: LyymmddS1, so the first one would be 15th June -21 (L210615S1) and the second 31th Mars -21 (L210331S1).

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!!!

(the American way of writing date codes always confuses me as you are writing it month-day-year and Europeans and more or less the rest of the world writes it as day-month-years. Hence the need for the ISO date code yyyy-mm-dd)

Last edited:
I agree with @Swedeman on the decoding, and also agree that the American date standard doesn't make sense.

I generally write dates yyyy-mm-dd, as it sorts neatly, and it's never ambiguous, although for business communications I'll use 9 January 2022, as it's also unambiguous.

Latest posts

Back