December 2014 Wine of the Month Club

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apple/cranberry sounds really good!

My recipe is based off a couple of entries/suggestions from November's WOTM Club thread and my own cranberry sauce recipe.
I think next time I will probably cook all of the cranberries until they pop, then mix in all the other ingredients.

WOTM has been a lot of fun for all of us I think. I hope it continues for a long time.

So sorry, jericurl. I had a plum that I started last month and it seemed to stay stuck at 1.010. I had added Goferm through the process also...then I pitched another yeast but it didn't seem to make a difference. After a couple of weeks I just racked it to a car boy and I'm going to hope for the best.

Looks to me as tho while not moving very fast, it's still moving.
You went from 1.012 to 1.010

Finally racked mine today. Ended up with just over 1.5 gallons! Looks as if it's finished at 1.004, so I added the kmeta.

Taste so far has a fair amount of tannins, a tart pear taste, and a little bit of mystery. Quite sure it's all the different flavours trying to figure out their pecking order. I'm thinking about adding a very light touch of tannin riche extra to it for the vanilla and waiting it out for a bit.

Racked and sweetened my "sonic mint". I used more mints turned into a simple syrup as a sweetener. Brought it up to 1.015. I hope time makes this wine better. I wouldn't share it with my friends. It was crystal clear before sweetening and now it's cloudy again. At least there isn't any rush to get this in a bottle.

Sample the Sneaky Pete this morning. I was pleasantly surprised! Its a nice light and dry white wine. I'll give it some more time before bottling and then I'll report back with a more detailed flavor description.

Latest posts

Back