Daytona 500

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I completely disagree, and I think that most of the rest of the world would agree with me. Michael Schuhmacher (Ferarri) and Mikka Hechingen (Mercedes) are two of the best drivers I have ever seen.

Ralph Schuhmacher isn't bad either, nor is Heinz-Harald Frenzen.

Don't see that expertise in driving in NASCAR. All you see there are little boys trying to be big ones and think they're all so cool if they wreck and can tell the news reporter "Oh, it was nothin'".

Kinda reminds me of high school.

Country Wine said:
Formula 1 is mostly for those pretty boys who can't stand to get their hands dirty, and for the more snobbish fans. I just can't get into it.

Sorry, Martina.

Med be easy if I remember right CW is from a moon shine state which NASCAR stems from you'll never convince us RED NECKS that any other racing is better or more competitive than the most watched sport after football NASCAR oops was that in big letters
smiley36.gif

Besides, formula one racing is mostly foreign drivers. Let's be at least a little patriotic here. Do you think it somehow does not take alot of skill to drive a stockcar that on average is driven alot faster than the open wheel cars?

Which one of those pretty boys you mentioned have won more races than Richard Petty, Dale Earnhardt, Al Unser, Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon, Dale Jarrett, Cale Yarborough, or Bill Elliott? How many have been racing half as long?

Exactly.

As a matter of fact, most stock car racing owners and team managers look to the open wheel organizations as breeding grounds for potential NASCAR drivers, since most of the open wheel drivers are under 21 and just graduated up from go-karts. Seriously.

I like to hear interviews before and after races with drivers who can speak the English language well and I can understand them.

Ouch. Well, since I'm bi/tri/quad/lingual, I guess the language thing doesn't really bother me.

I guess it's all just how you look at it.

BTW, Michael Schuhmacher has won tons, don't know for sure how many but at least 10 thing-a-ma-bobbies. Not races, but the cumulative stuff.

Ugh, I should bow out now. This is totally out of my league. I am not a die-hard fan of anything but making wine. I shall stick to those topics.

The topic IS racing. In the NASCAR Busch Series race today, there were 4 new young ex-open wheel drivers, learning the ropes. They graduated up to one of NASCAR's junior series. Go figger.

Sorry, I am passionate about a few thangs besides winemaking.

Oh, I am passionate about other things too:
<UL>
<LI>Genealogy (dead end right now)</LI>
<LI>Dancing (ballet, tap, jazz, flamenco, modern)</LI>
<LI>Photography (but it's been on ice for a while)</LI>
<LI>Gardening</LI>
<LI>Computer programming</LI>[/list]

To name a few. Just not enough time for all of it.

Same here, I meanas to the time problem.

'Ti-i-i-ime ain't on my side...' oh brother...sorry

smiley22.gif

I am into ballet dancers, because of the supposed flexibility. The actual dancing and skits I can do without.

smiley9.gif

Latest posts

Back