Dates

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Does everyone see a blueish gray area in between every post where it states the date and time that the post was posted?

Madriver Wines

Reaction score
Yes there is a date and time. I am confused as to what time zone is being shown though. My posts have my time zone but others appear to be of a different zone?

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Wade I see it now, but I quarantee you it wasn't there yesterday, at least not on my end. You may have reset something or I have been on this forum to many times with one eye opened! I see it now, I hope everyone else does too! I have talked to some other mebers on "the side" and they made references also of not seeing when the original post was first entered.
Go figure, I speak better computer than I do wine and some strange things have happened in regards to computers. I have talked to some of my "super geek" friends and sometimes they are at a loss to explain some of the things computers do. I hope this isn't an issue with the forum.
Yall take Care
Troy
:b

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
All posts shown on my screen are at my own local time not the posters local time..

Allie

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Steve, the date "should" show up in your time zone, it does on this end.

Tom

Reaction score
Yep the it is.. in MY time

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Allie, I know you are like 18 hours ahead of Alaska Standard Time, but your posts show up as my time. However if you are already in tommorrow, does that mean you can see the future?:?
Troy

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Arctic, I have not touched anything and wouldnt even begin to know where to look for that!!!!!!!! I thinks you need to post sober! I remember you asking smurfe about this also and neither he or I could figure out what in the world you were asking about, I have always been able to see this for as long as Ive been on this forum even before I became admin. If you could not see the time post then it was on your end.

Madriver Wines

Reaction score
Allie, I know you are like 18 hours ahead of Alaska Standard Time, but your posts show up as my time. However if you are already in tommorrow, does that mean you can see the future?:?
Troy
Woa now that is deep lol. I have seen some posts that have funky times on them and was wondering what that was about.

Madriver Wines

Reaction score
Arctic, I have not touched anything and wouldnt even begin to know where to look for that!!!!!!!! I thinks you need to post sober!
If we waited for him to sober up we would all be too old to care !!:d

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Spank me with a rhubarb stalk, but above where it says welcome arctic sid it says I last visited at 1:15 That cant be true because I posted in here like 10 minutes ago. It is now 2:50
Troy

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Do you have your timezone set properly or have you been logged on for awhile?

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
My time zone is set properly and now that I can see the time on the other posts they come through correctly, but I am looking right now and it says "you last visited" at 1:21 PM. it is now 3:01.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Got to thinking about that. I may be logged in, hell, I haven't shut my comp down in weeks. Could be something like that effecting my time thing.
And in case anyone cares it is raining right now, that is the first time since September.

Tom

Reaction score
Got to thinking about that. I may be logged in, hell, I haven't shut my comp down in weeks. Could be something like that effecting my time thing.
And in case anyone cares it is raining right now, that is the first time since September.

Are you on California time?

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
I'm on island time...

( giggling like crazy now...)

:h

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Tom I am on Alaska Standard Time, when I first came here we had 4 time zones. Allie doesn't care, not only is she on island time, she is in the future. HeeHee:b

smurfe

Reaction score
That grey bar has always been viewable here on my machine since day one. If you have your time zone set properly it will show the time the post was made in your time. If I remember correctly the default is GMT which is in England. You have to set it correctly in your profile area.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
The last time visited is most likely the last time you logged on to the forum and then the next time you log on it seems to show when you left as last time visite.