Dark spots on young berries

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kartracer088

Reaction score
Any idea what these dark spots are and what to do about them? These are on some four-year-old Marechal foch vines.

Attachments

• 20220622_192843.jpg
    20220622_192843.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Looks like anthracnose or black rot; my vote is anthracnose. Spray with manzate/mancozeb or captan. If you are 66 days or less from harvest, use captan.

Has it been rainy and hot? Have you been spraying? Even the disease resistant hybrids need fungicide. I found black rot on Marquette vines and they are supposed to be my most disease resistant.

Looks like anthracnose or black rot; my vote is anthracnose. Spray with manzate/mancozeb or captan. If you are 66 days or less from harvest, use captan.

Has it been rainy and hot? Have you been spraying? Even the disease resistant hybrids need fungicide. I found black rot on Marquette vines and they are supposed to be my most disease resistant.
I spray every 7 to 14 days depending on the rain also I add some malathion or liquid selvin in my spray mix

I was afraid of that, I've been spraying Mancozeb since bud break, every 10 to 14 days.

We are in western Ohio and it has been 80s to 90s lately, some rain as well.

Latest posts

Back