I made a triple berry DB last year from Costco's Kirkland triple berry fruit. I bottled it in March of 2021. We opened a bottle yesterday at Thanksgiving dinner and it was delicious! The aging definitely smoothed it out.
I used 12 lbs of fruit for 6 gallons, which is about 1.5 times the amount of fruit in the original recipe, if I recall correctly. I made my first batch according to the recipe (tweaked to make 3 gallons instead of 5) and it was a bit light on fruit for my taste.
So I recently made a triple berry very similar to @Jovimaple, had let is sit post fermentation (no move in SG >3 days) , moved some things around (time got away from me) and just went to check it. Maybe it has been a few weeks (month and a half) and it looks like it's undergoing MLF... has anyone experienced that with their DB? Very active tiny tiny bubbles...
@dangerdave, I want to thank you for the outstanding recipe. Yours is the second batch of any kind of wine I have ever made and the first I have ready for drinking. It is fantastic and your directions are easy to follow. I have definitely got the "bug" and have a new one (tropical - Blackberries, Peach, Mango, Pineapple and Strawberries) in the carboy clearing. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
I've made 4 batches of berry DB, 1 of them was triple berry and 3 of them were quad berry. I love quad berry version and it's my wife's favorite. My last batch was 10 lbs of Berry Medley from Aldi, plus 4 lbs of wild blueberry and 3 lbs of raspberry. It is the best DB so far. Amazing! Wild blueberries made a huge difference.