dandelion wine help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What temp are they at and have you tried degassing them. Degassing is best done at around 75*. You can also try using SuperKleer if it still will not clear. Did you use pectic enzyme on this batch?

What temp are they at
Not sure but have moved them out to the garage where its cooler and im not so obsessed with watching them! Patience (or absence!) makes the heart grow fonder!!!

and have you tried degassing them. Degassing is best done at around 75*.
Certainly have, the apple one was the only one that didnt seem to stop producing gas so Ive left that one under airlock, well they all are but that one is on its own, Im leaving it to sort itself for now.

You can also try using SuperKleer if it still will not clear.
I used kwikclear on the potato and the passionfruit, both have cleared a lot but not enough, so I think they may be suffering from pectin and/or starch haze so Im gonig to test for those otherwise just leave them to sort themselves out I think if nothing conclusive.

Did you use pectic enzyme on this batch?
Sure did for all wines except the potato I think but definitely the dandelion which Im not worried about as its still fermenting, I added that at the beginning. Was just interested that my one is so yellow compared to the others on here as in flower yellow, Ill get a photo when I go home.

You may have either just gotten better color extraction from yours, maybe used more or it just hasnt settled out yet as its still fermenting.

I thought it might be because we have prettier flowers on this side of the world! (Just kidding!)
Thanks for the advice, Ill wait and see what happens in next week or so beofre I panic on that one. I was mainly concerned that my other three are still so cloudy after all Ive done to them!!!

Latest posts

Back