Dandelion... An Exercise In Patience

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

vinny

Mildly Amused
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Initially I thought Bumper Crop! 25 cups just shy of 2lbs.IMG_20220528_130859.jpg
An hour later I'm thinking.. How good is this stuff?
I didn't realise I had to separate out all green. If I was the only person on earth this would never have been discovered as a possible ingredient.
IMG_20220528_144233.jpg
I was going to do 3 gallons, bit I'm still working towards 1. Who's made it? I'm enjoying the process and happy to try something new. Should I push for 3 gallons or will one be enough to have something interesting to try.

I am planning to add some rind and raisins to add some fun. Just not sure if the payout is worth the hours.

Its gonna be worth a 100$ a bottle at this rate!:D

vinny

Mildly Amused
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that was a lot more time spent than I had intended. I have close enough to 14 cups to do 2 gallons. 3 would be easier to fill a carboy up. Keep going, worth the effort?
IMG_20220528_163757.jpg
Any recipes? So far I am looking at 2 and planning an amalgamation of both.

BigDaveK

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope it's worth it, too!
Made my first batch this year. Been in secondary about a month. I chose to do basic, pure dandelion wine as a benchmark. I'll try a variation next time.
Keller has 42 dandelion wine recipes.

mikewatkins727

Well beyond middle age
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing of this Keller fella, but have not done anything to learn myself 'bout him.

I'll do a search.

How much did you make?
Jack passed away about 2 year ago. He had wine blog and his wife finished publishing his book he started w/ winemaker Daniel Pambianchi. The book is availble on Amazon abt $25 US. The book lists 65 recipes but his blog listed recipes in the 100s.

Amazon - Home Winemaking: The Simple Way to Make Delicious Wine: Keller Jr., Jack B., Pambianchi, Daniel: 9781591939474: Books

this link came from another post on dandy lions. Jack's book.

Last edited: