Daily meals! So we don't eat the same foods, day in, day out, forever.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackeral baked with lime, coriander and chilli tonight. I'll have garlic cabbage, stuffed tomatoes and green beans with that. Strawberry mouse for dessert. Apricot wine.

Last edited:
I am just about ready to make a pot of Split Pea Soup. Bought a nice ham and all the fresh veggies to go with it. I can always freeze it in bags and enjoy it later.

Tommorrow I am making Shrinp Jambalaya to share with the gang. i am going to use Anaheim peppers instead of Bells. Bought a whole bunch of fresh veg to include in the recipe.

You'll laugh at my "dinner". I picked up some beef fat to mix in with my venison burger today. The gal at the meat counter cut me some that was 20% meat attached. After saving the meat, and making my burger, I threw the "scraps" in a frying pan, baked a potato and fried up the meat until the fat was crispy. I can feel my arteries clogging as I type, but it was sure yummy!

Oooooooooohh, I love Jambalaya. I'll have to make some tomorrow now that you have mentioned it Troy.

I had to change my mind about the Jambalaya so I'm going to have duck in plum sauce with mixed rice instead. Some crispy seaweed and green beans will go nicely with that.

Leanne, that's our Thanksgiving menu, sans the seaweed. I'm going to do one of the ducks we raised on the rotisserie in the BBQ.

Oh yes.You have that coming up don't you? I went to a thanksgiving dinner with friends out there once. It was amazing.

Well, it's sort of a convoluted Holiday these days, but it's a good traditional excuse to get together and over-indulge. :h

half pork loin, 3 cans contadina sweet N sour in the crock pot for 6 hours.
rice A roni brand rice pilaf and corn. My Mom used to make it for me when I was a kid and it's still my favorite 30+ years later

I sure miss they availability of fresh seaweed!!!! When I was fishing I would snag those floating kelp bulps with the buoy hook, rinse them off and dry em all over the boat. Drove my skipper (Buddy Harris) nuts, but he knew how much I loved it so he put up with me. Plus I was a top notch deckhand so I could get away with it. Once we pulled into port and his friend asked him what all that stuff was hanging all over the boat!!!LOL

Great stuff, sure miss it, it is pretty expensive. When the herring lay their eggs on it they call it Ombuku or something, I forget now, but it is fliping great. They harvest the kelp fronds with the egges on it and brine it in a salt mixture. It is outrageous!!!

Yeah, I love seaweed too. It's full of nutrients too.

I scored a free sea bass so I will be baking that tonight.

http://www.blossomflavours.com/company.html

Blossom Flavours is a wide range of Food Flavour Manufacturers.Food Flavour Manufacturers, Flavour Powder Manufacturers & Exporters in India.

Cheap? Here goes..

Fry 1/2 pound of bacon in a skillet until dark and crispy.

Take out bacon and add 5 good size potatoes (peeled and diced). to the fat. Fry until golden brown.

Add 8 eggs to you bacon, a fist full of (home gorwn) basil, salt pepper, tobasco suace, and a small "squirt" of water. Beat eggs.

Remove potatoes from skillet, drain off mos of the fat, add egg mix and cook into an omlet. serve with potatoes. YUM, Breakfest for dinner!!!

Total cost: around $4us

Back