Daily meals! So we don't eat the same foods, day in, day out, forever.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leanne once it gets to the fridge, it will actually keep for several months. It is basically pickled so between the salt and the acid i the cabbage it is preserved. Kind of. but I just last week finished off the rest of what I had in a jar, I made it like 3 months ago and it was still just fine, but keep it under the liquid.

Just teling you all how to make it has me salivating.

Gotta get to the store anyway for ,more wine making juice and probably need to get some Kim Chee ingredients.

Interesting how many Westerners like Kim Chi. We were gifted a half a head of cabbage (the half weighs 10 pounds!), and Kim Chi was our first thought! We've made several types over the years. Onion Kim Chi (vs cabbage) will get your attention!
Interesting trivia: fermented cabbage, (Kim Chi, sauerkraut) is supposed to fortify the immune system against Avian Flu.

Roast chicken( sage and onion stuffing )and veggies..

nice and simple tonight..

I have company for dinner tonight so I'm serving a beef wellington and all the trimmings followed by a pavlova. They can pick their own wines.

It was lovely Allie. Good company, good food, good wine, good music, good conversation. 10 people fed and happy. Thanks for asking Allie.

you're welcome..

hehehhe

my biggest question is..was it 80's music?

grins..

I bought a boned out pork roast.. 1.5 kilo roast cheap today $8,, wide band of skin for crackling..it's in the oven now and the teenagers are circling!

Allie

Lol. No, no 80's music. Just nice background classical and then some of my friends played their guitars etc.
Tonight I am having a little spaghetti bolognese. An apple later maybe.

Alaska cod (sable fish) fried in an herbed coating (panko, rosemary, lemon thyme), and a rice blend (white,red and wild). Homemade tartar sauce.

Leanne was that a candle I smell or incense? Smells nice. At this very moment I am listening to Bob Dylan, "May as well catch the wind.".

Troy

Lol. There is usually some incense burning around here somewhere.
Don't you just love Bob Dylan?

I'll play a couple more for you!! I'm just kinda in a Bob Dylan mood. Maybe even Peter Paul and Mary. Light another incence!

Leanne do you speak any other kanguages?
:sn
Troy

Good and bad English, a little french and dutch. Do you speak any other languages?

Lamb roast tonight..

Have brother in law over for dinner and he eats like a horse..

perfect NZ lamb roast recipe.. no fail!
Lamb shoulder roast in the oven.. ( soy sauce/sugar/pepper and salt coating as mentioned in previous recipe)..it's searing now and waiting for the slow cooking. ( 15 mins at 240C each side then drop heat to 180C for about 2.5 hours for a 3 kilo roast... 6.6 pound roast)

Wrap the lamb in foil as soon as it leaves the oven.. ( not in the roasting dish)..haul it out of the dish into foil.. wrap securely.. this stops it drying out.

it needs to rest in the foil at least 30 mins.. leave overnight and you will never eat roast lamb, hot, ever again.. it cuts better /thinner and has so much more flavour..
Allie

And you wonder why me and my cats want to move into your barn G!

Momma cat isn't afraid of Moose or Horses, so I guess she'll be okay in the barn.

I had teenagers a long time ago. Guess what? they got older and now are 27 and 37 years old.
Damn.. That means I am getting old as well. :i

Momma cat can hang, she lives to fight dogs, the steers, she wouldn't have a problem.

I have to worry about the other two. They run like hell when a Raven flies over. LOL.

Good thing I don't live on the coast anymore, lots of Bald Eagles, not alot of cats or small dogs!!!!

LOL

Troy

Latest posts

Back