Cut down the spent raspberry brambles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a ouple favorite raspberry patches and it seems like it is the old growth bushes that give me the best results.

I dont know much about growing raspberries but I do know the place where I pick my raspberries is wild and they produce like crazy over there unkept.

I've got a lot of wild raspberries and blackberries growing together. Also have some Heritage ever-bearing cultivars. Although the wild ones taste better, the cultivars are much faster and easier to pick. Also much better looking, which is important at times. Still picking wild berries to supplement until the garden fills in, but once it does goodbye wild plants.

Might plant blackberry cultivars next spring.

I've got a ouple favorite raspberry patches and it seems like it is the old growth bushes that give me the best results.

These brambles die after producing 2 crops. The new brambles in the pics will produce their first crop in a few weeks or so then they will produce an early summer crop next spring and then they die. New brambles start growing each spring.

Back