Crystallized F-Pack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gvhorwitz

Junior
Reaction score
Hello

When making my "orchard breezin' cranberry craze kit", I noticed when pulling the F pack out of the box that it had crystallized quite a bit.

Is this normal? If it's okay, what should I do to bring it to the state that I want when it's time to add it to the wine?

I don't have any direct experience, but I would try gently heating it in a pot of very warm water. Otherwise, I would just cut the package open and use a rubber spatula to get it all into the wine.

Thank you. That makes sense. I wonder if it a common thing. This is only my second wine.

Check the date on the wine kit. And if it's past the use by date - did you get it for a special price or just keep it too long. Most products these days are good well past the use by date but.... in this case unless the f-pack quickly re-disolves in the warm water bath - go to plan B and contact the vendor.

BUT check the kit date first. If you just purchased it it sounds like someone let it set way too long on their shelf.

Back