Crystallized F-Pack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gvhorwitz

Junior
Reaction score
Hello

When making my "orchard breezin' cranberry craze kit", I noticed when pulling the F pack out of the box that it had crystallized quite a bit.

Is this normal? If it's okay, what should I do to bring it to the state that I want when it's time to add it to the wine?

I don't have any direct experience, but I would try gently heating it in a pot of very warm water. Otherwise, I would just cut the package open and use a rubber spatula to get it all into the wine.

Thank you. That makes sense. I wonder if it a common thing. This is only my second wine.

Check the date on the wine kit. And if it's past the use by date - did you get it for a special price or just keep it too long. Most products these days are good well past the use by date but.... in this case unless the f-pack quickly re-disolves in the warm water bath - go to plan B and contact the vendor.

BUT check the kit date first. If you just purchased it it sounds like someone let it set way too long on their shelf.

Latest posts

Back