Crystal Light wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JON, he already has fermented milk going, probably collecting stones as we speak. Dont put it past him!!! LMAO

Sorry Seth, just calling an Ace a Worm!!
:sm

Okay, they do have worm wine and spruce & elderflower wine as well as spruce beer. I have one question on the worm wine. The recipes says:

1. Put worms in primary bucket.
2. Pour the boiling water over them.
3. Add sugar, mix, and let cool.

Now, I am assuming the boiling water kills them but do you smash them up after they are dead like you do with fruit or do you let them float around like bloated little cigeratte butts? Would you put them in a nylon bag?

Also, how many worms would you use for the f-pac? The recipe calls for 1.5 pounds of army worms.

Finally, the recipe has this note:

"(Note: Only use the acid blend if using worms from Poplar trees. In Ray's experience he has found that Army Worms that ate exclusively Birch tree leaves yielded a more acerbic wine, while the Poplar leaf-eaters tended to make it smoother and slightly sweeter)."

What about the army worms that eat your hay field? I assume you have to test.

And some commented on the beetroot wine.

e-wine

All joking aide. I really wood like to see if anyone has ever made a spruce wine.

I have looke pretty extensively and could not find any recipe at all.

Some have suggested the oils may cause a problem. I was thinking do it in the spring and use the light green new needles.

Any thoughts?

I've mixed unsweetened Skeeter Pee with Crystal Light Iced Tea on a per glass basis.. When I tried a larger batch (2 qts SP,2 qts Crystal light) it started to get wierd after about 45 minutes or so.. It appeared as though the tea was clumping into some sort of strange globular substance(for lack of better words lol).. Still tasted good, but not much for appearence..

Since then I have only been mixing it 50/50 in single servings with lots of compliments.. I was trying to think of a name for it since a "Hard Arnold Palmer" just isn't right.. LOL

Gonna check it out UBG
I am a search expert myself.
I just couldnt find a recipe. I will report back.

I'd like someone else to try mixing these.. Get some Crystal Light iced tea (I used peach) and mix 50/50 with SP in a pint glass.. Mix it up good and let it sit for 1/2 hour or so.. Let me know if you have the same result with the suspended sediment forming (better wording this time) Problem is leaving the glass there for a half hour without drinking it! LOL

Latest posts

Back