Cry, cry, cry me a river of Cab Sauv

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
Today I dumped a batch of cab Sav . It was made from Napa grapes I went and got last fall. It was a stupid mistake like not watch the aging room close. The cat had knocked off the airlock. I dont know for how long but the taste of oxidation was over powering. The river of wine runs down the road today. :(

"Now you say you're lonely
You cry the whole night through
Well you can cry me a river,
Cry me a river, I cried a river over you."

I lost a Cellar Craft LE Carmenere / Cabernet with Super grape pack a few weeks ago due to a failed primary bucket bottom.

:mny

I dont know for how long but the taste of oxidation was over powering. The river of wine runs down the road today.

I'm very sorry to hear that , too . I know exactly now how you feel .

Do you mean "Ethyl acetate" by the taste of oxidation ?!

Hector

Guys sorry to hear about these incidents but thanks for sharing. It lets others know no matter how much experience you have, sh!t happens.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune that would be a great lost

Did the cat have an "accident" after that or is he going to have an "accident".....

Sorry to hear about the loss.

Was there a straw in the carboy and the cat passed out on the floor

I know the bad feeling of dumping out carboys. I had to dump 24 gallons a couple of weeks ago.

Man, I feel for you. If it's gone, it's gone... that hurts.

Things will get better with another batch, but I know it is hard to froget what that one could have been.

Wow, sorry to hear about the loss, especially with a Cab from grapes. You had a lot of time and work invested in that, I'm sure.

I drove down to get the grapes, now if I didn't know a darling lady who lived there, I probably would not drive down. Well October is not that far away. I still know a cute lady in Napa Valley. This was my first dumped batch in a couple of years. Cat could not mess up the Syrah, It is almost a year now and the taste is less than I hoped for

Latest posts

Back