RJ Spagnols Cru Select Viognier

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David04472

Casual Observer
Reaction score
I've just discovered Viognier. I've always had good luck with Cru Select kits and am looking for someone that has had good luck with their Viognier. Maybe you would recommend another brand ....

Last edited:
I havent tried this kit but like youn said have had very good results with RJS kits including this level.

Ok, I didn't find anyone that had tried it, so I got it anyway and will report back to all of you as it finishes. I put it in the fermenter 1-1/2 weeks ago and will rack on Wednesday. More to come !!!!

Not sure where this thread may end up going, but it probably belongs in the RJ Spagnols section, so that, in future, it may be easier for folks to find.

I, for one, would like to make a Viognier, and it would probably be this one, so I am interested in how David's turns out. Although the Ken Ridge Classic Viognier is easier for me to buy, and there's a much greater chance that I will see it at a sale price. But it's only a 10 litre kit.

Steve

OK, I just transfered to a carboy (I use the 4-3-2 method with kits). It is going to be an OMG batch. :try Very strong on flavor, a little weak in the nose, but what do we expect after only 4 weeks. I'll update you again in 3 weeks when I rack again.

That would be great . This is one of the ones we were thinking of trying but not at the top of the list . So any info on it would be nice .

OK. 4 weeks in the fermenter, three weeks in the carboy, and I now have racked and added the chemicals and clearing agents. This is by far the finest kit I have ever done. Even with two weeks to go it was all I could do not to take a second glass as I racked it. HIGHLY recommend this kit. I'm sure you will not be disappointed. :try

I bottled it this morning !!!! I'm a white wine kind of guy, and New Zealand Sauv. Blanc is my main staple .... until today. I will be making several more of these kits in the near future. Highly recommend

Oh man...another Mainah that enjoys NZ Sauv Blanc and Viognier. I'm in Bangor. Very curious how this ends up! I'm most curious about your 4-3-2 method on the kits. Today I am at Day 14 of a Pinot Noir kit (my first) and it is still not yet at 0.998 SG. Are you saying you let it sit in the primary for a full FOUR weeks with a kit wine? So it finishes fermenting and then sits on the lees a bit? Then 3 weeks in the carboy untouched, then rack, add stuff, and let sit for 2 more before bottling?

I'm going to hold off racking my wine tonight until I hear from you...I need to anyway since it isn't done fermenting, but this is interesting for a plan...

Good Evening from Orland !!! The way you described it is exactly the way I do it. Go to yet another Mainer at http://www.kennebechomebrew.com/wine.html
It's where I got the idea from. They are a home brew supply in Farmingdale and Farmington. They have a fun web site.

Enjoy !!!

The description of the four-three-two method is at the bottom of the page.

I started a second batch last night. My daughter was over a few months ago and tried some from my my original batch. It's amazing how often she is at the house now :hug

I started a second batch last night. My daughter was over a few months ago and tried some from my my original batch. It's amazing how often she is at the house now :hug
Well that's one way to get her to visit home.

Steve

Latest posts

Back